I am so excited to be nominated for the Liebster award by Adrienne at A Day in the Life of a Kindergartener! I was beginning to think that no one was reading my blog... It is good to know at least one person is :)
Here are 11 random things about me:
1. I am a twin!
2. I am 6 feet tall (and taller than my hubs!!!!!!)
3. I LOVE decorating for the holidays!
4. I played basketball in high school.
5. I was stung by a jellyfish when I went snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef.
6. I was the Maid of Honor in two weddings and rapped both speeches.
7. I LOVE listening to music.
8. My husband has written me 5 songs.
9. I have been a homeowner for 1 1/2 years and have LOVED every second of it!
10. I lived in FL for one year!
11. I have been to over 15 countries.
Here are the 11 questions from Adrienne:
1. What state do you teach in?
I teach in Michigan. I previously taught in Florida.
2. How many years have you been teaching?
This is my 6th year teaching, 5th in kindergarten. I taught first grade for one year in Florida.
3. Which holiday is your favorite? Why?
Christmas is my favorite holiday because of all of the traditions surrounding Christmas. Putting up decorations, putting up the tree, Christmas parties, opening up one gift on Christmas Eve, etc.
4. Do you sing with your students? If so, what song is your favorite?
Oh gosh! Yes, I sing with my students, I am not good, but I do sing. We have poetry folders. We do one poem a week. I try to pick poems that you can sing because students pick up quicker when singing songs.
5. Coffee or tea?
Neither. I do not like coffee or tea. I do LOVE hot chocolate.
6. Chocolate or vanilla?
Depends. I love chocolate ice cream, but I do love vanilla cake with chocolate frosting... I guess I would have to say BOTH!
7. What is your favorite book to read to your students?
I have so many favorites. I think my most favorite is the first book that I read to my students during student teaching: Enemy Pie by Derek Munson.
8. Tell me about your favorite vacation.
My favorite vacation that I have been on is going to Australia. My sister was studying abroad there and I went to visit her.
9. What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to do crafts and make other things to share with teachers!
10. What is your favorite Apple product?
My favorite Apple product is the iPad. I love using my iPad and I also love having students use the iPads in the classroom.
11. What is your favorite snack?
My favorite snack is a vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting.
Here are the 11 questions I have for the blogs I've nominated:
1. What grade do you teach?
2. What is your favorite grade to teach?
3. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
4. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5. What is your favorite song?
6. What is your favorite subject to teach?
7. What is your favorite TV show?
8. Where is your favorite place to travel?
9. What website do you visit the most?
10. If you could have a gift card to anywhere, where would it be to?
11. What is your most favorite thing in the whole world?
Here are the blogs I've nominated:
1. A Neighborhood Kindergarten
2. Kelly and Kim's Kindergarten
3. Play to Learn in Kindergarten
4. Kick Starting Kindergarten